Saturday, August 9, 2014

I Was A "No Reply" Blogger!



Unbeknownst to me, I was a  “no reply” blogger! 





What is a “no reply” blogger you ask? Well, it means that in my blogger user profile (probably when I connected it w/Google+ (herein referred to as G+))  the little box that says “show my email address” came un-checked, so whenever I left a comment or question on a blog, the blogger couldn't respond to me. For the last year, (yes an entire year!),  when I didn't get responses from bloggers I just thought  maybe I asked a dumb question or they didn't really like my comments (which were always nice) or they were too busy to reply. But that wasn't the case at all! It all had to do w/how my profile was set up!  I read several posts on how to fix the "no reply" blogger issue, herehere and here but before I could do the 1st step in any of them, I had to disconnect my blog from G+. Though I'm sad that I've missed correspondence w/some bloggers, I'm glad the issue is fixed and I'm happy to say that I'm no longer a “no reply” blogger!  




 The issue was kindly brought to my attention by my new blogging/quilting friend at triangles and squares.  Thank you Christine!  Before I found out about  the “no reply” issue, my blog was connected w/ G+.  I've since learned that when a blog is connected w/G+, only peeps w/G+ profiles can comment on posts. I want ALL my readers to be able to comment on my blog so I've decided not to re-connect w/G+.  The only downside is now I can't display my G+ followers on my blog page.   

BUT wait a minute!!!   After much searching, I finally found this post  and was able to get Google Friend Connect to work  on my blog!!! 

So here is a final request  to ALL the peeps in my G+ circles:

  PLEASE take a few seconds and visit  my blog and under the About Me Section, click on Join this Site with Google Friend Connect, Connect w/Google, Follow Publicly.

Thank you in advance for the support in helping me develop my blog. 

God Bless.


A Thread for Life
God be merciful to us and bless us, And cause His face to shine upon us,
That Your way may be known on earth, Your salvation among all nations
Ps 6:1-2 NKJV


I'm linking up on Let's Bee Social.


16 comments:

  1. You are my most talented friend!! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got the no reply fixed. And to think how many comments you missed out on because of G+!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like Google Plus

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if I am a "No Reply" blogger too. My problem is that when I try to leave my blog site on comments instead of just my name, it won't let me. I'd rather people come visit my blog instead of just email me a comment back. This even happens (sometimes) on Blogspot-to-Blogspot commenting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Greta, you should look into it. When you get into your profile, change your name to Greta @ Material Detachment, that way when you leave comments they will know what your blog name is and be more likely to check it out. I get emails even when peeps comment/reply on my blog. I think it's automatic. Good providence. Let me know how it goes.

      Delete
  5. So glad you got it fixed. I'm not a big fan of the google+ stuff. It's all to messy for me! Glad I got to meet a new friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post did make me giggle, and now I shall check out my own blog too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I REALLY AM NOW ONE OF YOUR PEEPS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! So glad you got this whole thing sorted out. It is so nice to be able to get replies to your comments and develop friendships in this online quilting community. Nice to meet you, Zenia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay... Let's see! Am I still a no-reply blogger??

    ReplyDelete
  10. This article is really very interesting and effective. I think its must be helpful for us. But If you wanna more same article, You have should read this blog.Buy Google Plus Share

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you are so inclined, follow me. I take delight in visitors and welcome comments even more. I reply via email. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in your comment.