Friday, August 30, 2013

How it All Started

In or around July 2011 I was invited to “Quilting”. The 3rd Saturday of every month, a few of my sisters from church get together to make quilts for charity.  Now, I remembered going once before a couple years prior and I remember it was an okay get together, but there weren't any sparks between me and quilting.   Anyhow, one of the sisters kept bugging me about coming to “Quilting” so I gave in and went. This time around, something truly magical happened. I mean, it was more than a spark…it was full on fireworks baby!!!  I've been a quilting maniac ever since!


This is the 1st quilt I made. It is a Brick Quilt called "flannel" (I didn't use flannel) from Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting Magazine. It was in the November/December 2006 issue and it looked like the perfect “1st quilt”.  I made it for a very special boy, my grandson Gainz.  I didn't start small either! It measures 70” x 84”. I quilted an “X” in each brick. It took me about a month to finish it. 





1st Quilt made August 2011




Gainz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you are so inclined, follow me. I take delight in visitors and welcome comments even more. I reply via email. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in your comment.