Monday, March 10, 2014

Christmas in March and Cha-ching!

I came home the other evening and to my delight there was a package waiting for me. I was even more THRILLED when I opened it! It contained a card, a dress for my grand daughter and was filled with a bunch of fabric goodies. It was like Christmas in March!!! Thank you +Greta Anderson!!!








I finally got smart and hung some line outside to take better pics. I just finished this cute little rag quilt. It's for sale in the Etsy Shop.


Speaking of the Etsy Shop,  I made my first sale!




I've really got to get busy and get some more stuff on there. 

I'm currently working on a scrappy braid quilt inspired by this.  After this, I will start my first chevron quilt. I found a few different techniques like this and this, but I shall go w/this one

I'm making it in reds, greys, black and maybe white.



On a non-quilty note, back in January I discovered the AC was out in my car.  I think I got in the car one day after the gym and turned it on and to my surprise, zero cool air.  No big deal...I rolled down the windows and I was good. I told my son about it and said I hoped I could hold out until May to get it fixed (I'm currently saving for a trip to Canada and NY). He said I probably couldn't make it February. Well...I made it to March! I couldn't stand it anymore and finally got it fixed last weekend. I'm not looking forward to Summer...but at least I'm the car is ready.

That's about it for this update. Until next time, Happy Quilting and God Bless.


A Thread for Life
One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:28-31

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy and I love you threads for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am good at staying busy! Thank you Caroline. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you are so inclined, follow me. I take delight in visitors and welcome comments even more. I reply via email. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in your comment.