Saturday, July 19, 2014

Patterns, Books and Progress, Oh My!

When I first started quilting and discovered FaveQuilts, I was so thankful for all the FREE quilt patterns. (It's where I found some of the blogs I follow too!)


 I was super excited that I would never have to pay for a pattern or book! Well that lasted for a long while, but in the past year I've purchased a few patterns and more recently, a couple of books! I pre-ordered this modern quilt as you go book a few months ago and I can't wait for it to be distributed next month. And even more recently, after falling in love w/ a beautiful kaleidoscope quilt seen on Fresh Off The Frame, I ordered Ricky Tims' book, Kool Kaleidoscope Quilts.







And speaking of books, I recently inherited a great deal of books from the AQG who closed their library earlier this year. Members were allowed to choose pretty much any books we wanted. Here are the ones I chose.







my son cut off my head



In Quilty news, I did get the college-bound quilt basted last weekend and have even started quilting it. I'm using the techniques that Ann Petersen teaches in her Craftsy class: Quilting Big Projects on a Small Machine.


Here's what I have so far on the Summer Star Mini.













Tomorrow I'm bringing my sister to quilting, the once a month get together w/the sisters from church,and I'm going to assist her in making a simple lap quilt. Maybe she'll become a quilting maniac like me. ;)

In Yoga news, 2 weeks down, 10 more to go! Keep praying for me.


A Thread for Life
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17 NIV


Until next time, Happy Quilting and God Bless.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! If you are so inclined, follow me. I take delight in visitors and welcome comments even more. I reply via email. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in your comment.