Saturday, October 11, 2014

Visiting Greta

Last week I finally got the chance to meet Greta of  Material Detachment where she lives in Iowa.  For the past year we've been texting, talking and emailing.  I had planned to go to Iowa in August but then saw that AQS would be there in October, so I made plans to visit then instead.  Greta picked me up from the airport, we stopped for a quick bite to eat and then we were off to the show.  Here are a bunch of photos from the show.  Enjoy!

I can't even begin to think how much time was spent creating some of these amazing quilts!  Here are my 2 faves! Both were blue ribbon winners and rightfully so!

 All of the quilts had me oooing and aaaahing though.








After the quilt show, we went back to Greta's house in the country.




This is the view from the room I stayed in.

We spent most of our time sewing or quilting. You can read about what we made here.  I practiced FMQ on her longarm.

We went to the Berry Patch Farm and picked apples from the orchard and made homemade apple pie.

Greta picking apples
 Greta and her husband are wonderful cooks. Vegetarian never tasted so good!
It was a lovely and relaxing time.

Greta sent me home w/pounds of fabric...

and a beautiful quilt that she co-created.

I arrived back in AZ to happy mail that I won from 2 different giveaways!

Until next time, happy quilting and God Bless!

A Thread for Life
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matt 11:28

Linking up at
stitch by stitch
Sew Fresh Quilts

27 comments:

  1. Excited you were able to experience what you did on this trip. It no doubt inspired you more than you already are sis. Thanks for sharing. Maybe we can make a trip together one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You figured it out! Thanks for reading and commenting sis. I'm sure we will take a trip together one day!

      Delete
  2. It was so fun to have you here and show you my world... You were a wonderful guest (my kitchen has never been so clean!) and the time flew by with chats about both "shop" and life in general. We sincerely hope to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you were a generous and hospitable host! We'll do it again.

      Delete
  3. What a great time of quilting fellowship! You created so many wonderful memories. Show, long arm and apple pie, what a great combo. Then you topped it all off with some quilt booty. Does the fun in your life ever stop? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful combination. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a wonderful time. Then to come home to winnings! Congrats. Those quilts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing. I am deeply inspired. One of these days I will enter a show.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a fun trip. I didn't make it to the show this year, so enjoy seeing what I missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you missed a lot! AQS is travelling all over. It's not too late to visit somewhere.

      Delete
  6. You had a great time. I love the quilts you share with us. So inspiring! Thanks for sharing.
    Love from Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...getting love all the way from Amsterdam! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  7. I've been hearing good things about the AQS shows that are traveling around -- your pictures confirm that. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mary, thanks for stopping by! The show was awesome!

      Delete
  8. Wow - what a wonderful week for you! I had fun just watching you have fun :*) Thanks for the pics from the Show - those quilts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the photos.....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Thanks for stopping by. There were so many more I wish I could've gotten on film.

      Delete
  10. So glad you had a great get-away! Looks like it was very rejuvinating!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like tons of fun was had. You lucky girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an enjoyable time! Spending the day together looking at amazing and gorgeous quilts. And coming home to happy mail. Thanks for taking us along on a virtual trip with you, Zenia!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing other versions of Tula's Anchors Aweigh quilt! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you are so inclined, follow me. I take delight in visitors and welcome comments even more. I reply via email. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in your comment.