Friday, October 2, 2015

WHOOMP There IT Is! #1

Disclosure:  This post contains affiliate links that may give me a small commission if you click on a link or ad AND buy.

Today I have a couple of finishes to share for my very 1st WHOOMP There IT Is! Linky Party.

The 1st and most recent finish, is a comfort quilt for a friend who recently and unexpectedly lost her husband.  The pattern is called Snuggly Hugs & Kisses by Sew E.T.  I can't even begin to imagine the devastation she feels and I pray it brings at least a bit of warmth and comfort in the coming months. 

 The 2nd finish is one I'm calling Practice Makes Perfect.   The pattern is New Wave by Elizabeth Hartman.  I used a fat quarter bundle of Thimbleberries fabric and a dark sashing instead of the white called for in the pattern.
I was so inspired after taking “Help! How Do I Quilt It?”: A Machine-Quilting Manual w/Angela Walters  Craftsy class, that I free motion quilted the entire thing! Hence the name, Practice Makes Perfect.  

There is really nothing perfect about it, quite the contrary actually, but the point is...I did it!  And I was tickled at how quickly I finished it!












I also finished both quilts w/my new favorite Faux Piped Binding technique.


And now I'm excited to see what you've been working on! Link up to my new WHOOMP There IT Is! Saturday Linky Party below.
A Quilted Passion

Thank the Host
Everyone likes to hear "thank you" and know their effort is appreciated.
Spread the Love
The more love you give, the more you get. Pick a number (mine is 5) and commit to visiting and commenting on that many link-ups. Let them know where you're visiting from and ask them to visit you. (This works well for me!)
Direct Link
Use a direct link to a specific post, not your main blog.
Link Back
In your blog post, include a link back to my post/blog and/or grab the WHOOMP There IT Is! button above and put in your post or sidebar. Thanks for spreading the love.
Follow Me ;)
Of course I would love for all you linky-uppers to be followers, but it's NOT required.

A Thread for Life
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.  Psalm 37:4 NKJV

15 comments:

  1. Hi Zenia
    Love your quilt. Sorry about your friend. Really Sad.
    Janeen

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made the x's and o's for a friend that fought breast cancer last year and has so far won

    ReplyDelete
  3. I advertised your linky party on my post today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the practice makes perfect quilt. It came out wonderfully. Even though I know it's straight lines my eyes still are drawn to it because it feel very fluid and wavy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that Snuggly Hugs and Kisses bring some comfort to your friend Zenia. She will be glad to have a friend like you who cares.
    I love your philosophy of quilting "the point is...I did it!" It feels great, doesn't it?
    Happy first linky party Zenia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely finishes Zenia. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts are lovely, so sorry to hear about your friend. I am sure that this quilt bring her some comfort to know she has friends thinking about her.
    Congrats on the first linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilting looks great! I love Angela Walters' classes and books. Love your quilts and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your hugs and kisses quilt. I hope it brings comfort to your friend. And I think your free motion quilting looks pretty darn good! I hope your linky party is very successful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your first linkup. I was playing the song on You Tube while I was drafting my post LOL. Those are two great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilts, I, too, love that binding. It saves my hands (they ache after sewing the back of the binding by hand) and it looks really nice too. That piping adds a lovely touch to your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely quilts, I, too, love that binding. It saves my hands (they ache after sewing the back of the binding by hand) and it looks really nice too. That piping adds a lovely touch to your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like your linky party is off to a great start! Thanks for hosting and I'll do what I can in the weeks to come to help promote it! Your quilts are lovely, especially the comfort quilt for your friend. I'm sure it will help her through a difficult time. And your quilting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your comfort quilt will be so appreciated. Your free motion looks great! Hopefully I can be home soon to get something done and I will link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog to comment on my Boho pillows. To answer your question -- yes, it is like quilt as you go -- except for a pillow, I didn't use a backing; just the fleece. Then when I had the top all done, I just continued as usual to make the pillow with a zippered back. Sally

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you are so inclined, follow me. I take delight in visitors and welcome comments even more. I reply via email. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in your comment.