Thursday, January 14, 2016

WHOOMP There IT Is! #14 - UFO Challenge 2016


Hello, Everyone! I hope you've had a wonderful week.  Mine has been a bit crazy w/my day job but the weekend is just about here and that makes me happy!

Something else that makes me happy is all of the lovelies I'm going to make this year! I wrote about 4 of them last week in this post and this week I'll share some others.
Image result for challenge time
A UFO challenge was presented at our Quilters Anonymous meeting last week.  We are a chapter of the Arizona Quilter's Guild.   The challenge was inspired by the All People Quilt 2016 UFO Challenge.  We are following their guidelines, however, we're starting ours in February.

Basically, we choose 12 UFOS we want to finish this year and put them on a list numbered 1-12. At our guild meeting, which is the 1st Thursday of the month, a number will be randomly chosen. That number will represent the numbered project we have to work on for that month. We'll share our finishes/progress at the next meeting and get a new # for the following month...and so on and so forth. The goal is to have 12 finished projects by the end of the year, or in our case, by the end of January 2017.

Since I don't have 12 UFOs, I chose several projects from my "To Make Someday" list that I'd like to see finished this year. Most of them are smaller projects since I will also be working on commissions. Here is a list of the projects I chose w/their "before challenge" status.  Remember, the numbers will be drawn randomly, so it doesn't matter how the projects are listed.  I've included pics so that you can see what the projects are. Most of these pics are not mine.

#1 Christmas Sparkle Punch Quilt - planning stage
sparkle_punch_quilt

#2 Through Thick & Thin Scrappy Log Cabin Quilt - all blocks finished
#3 Paper pieced Rooster Block - planning stage
Rooster
#4 Scarppy String Thing Bed Runner - flimsy
#5 Paper pieced Owl Block - planning stage
#6 Halloween Spiderweb Quilt - planning stage
#7 Mia's Wall Hanging - flimsy, backing pieced and binding cut
#8 Friend Traveler Quilt
 - 
256 lozenges already cut out by my good friend Greta =)
#9 Quilted Cook & Carry - planning
Quilted Cook & Carry,:

#10 Caddy Pad Jr. Tote - planning


Caddy Pad Jr.:
#11 The Desk Deli Tote - planning
ps018 Desk Deli Tote Pattern:
#12 Cabo Bucket Tote - planning
Cabo Bucket Tote PatternQuilts Illustrated #PS025 - Sewing Patterns | Fat Quarter Shop:
Thanks for visiting and linking up!
A Quilted Passion
Thank the Host
Everyone likes to hear "thank you" and know their effort is appreciated.
Spread the Love
The more love you give, the more you get. Pick a number (mine is 5) and commit to visiting and commenting on that many link-ups. Let them know where you're visiting from and ask them to visit you. (This works well for me!)
Direct Link
Use a direct link to a specific post, not your main blog.
Link Back
In your blog post, include a link back to my post/blog and/or grab the WHOOMP There IT Is! button above and put in your post or sidebar. Thanks for spreading the love.
Follow Me ;)
Of course I would love for all you linky-uppers to be followers, but it's NOT required.




A Thread for Life
Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. - 2 Cor 13:11

9 comments:

  1. Love it I am also in a group on FB and we write a bingo card out and each month we get given a number and we work on that project. Of course we also continue on the other projects but it really does help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you like some of my UFOs? LOL Seriously, this is a great way to stay motivated to get those projects done. Thanks for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope #4 is drawn soon, I love the scrappy strings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the concept of the UFO challenge. Good luck with all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've got a lot of great projects lined up there! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun way to finish UFO's. You have some realy lovely projects to sew. Thanks for your list. I forgot to put a rooster on my to do/UFO list, but it is on my list now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your challenge. It helps to focus on UFOs if you have a lot. Or substitute wish list items like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You, my dear, have a looong list! Be kind to yourself, though I'm flattered that you're doing a spiderweb quilt. This is the first year I've not made a list so I'll watch yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you don't have many UFOs yourself! I must have tons, which is why I'm doing a finish challenge as well. I've got big hopes for my list, and I hope you do well on yours. What a great idea to make it a Guild challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you are so inclined, follow me. I take delight in visitors and welcome comments even more. I reply via email. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in your comment.