Monday, January 20, 2014

WIPs

I'm officially on a fabric fast. I've taken a challenge not to buy fabric from Jan 1 -  Jun 30.  So far, so good.  I even went to Goodwill last weekend and looked at (and touched)  fabric and didn't buy any! There is a 2nd part to the challenge and that is to use up all the fabric I have on hand. My stash isn't as big as some...but I am proud of it.


I get so anxious when I think about the WIPs I have and all the works I want to have in progress...and I've got myself all stressed out. So, I'm going to try to do just 1 project at a time for awhile.  I'm supposed to be participating in 2 quilt-alongs:  a mystery quilt w/QA and a crazy quilt along...so I may allow myself to do these in addition to my 1-at-a-time projects...but I might not.



Currently I have 6 WIPs.  I'm really close to finishing 2 of them . I should have some pics posted this weekend.  Then I have 3 small quilt tops (2 pictured below) that need to be quilted and listed on Etsy...and lastly, I still have my Spring/Summer 1BW that I just really want to keep folded up at the top of my closet.

4-Step Flagstone
quilt top #1


                                     Cuttin' Corners
quilt top #2

















I sold my Quilt Frame this past weekend to a Snowbird here from Iowa.  It was really just a catch-all in my sewing room and a dust collector. I'd only used it twice in the last 2 years, plus I'm raising money for my trip to Canada in May.   






I also have other WIPs besides quilting.  A few weeks ago I transplanted some Aloe Vera and Prickly Pear. Someone told me all you have to do is stick it in the ground and water it occasionally.  So far, so good.   I also planted 2 Mesquite trees in my backyard.  Thankfully the weather is mild enough to plant year round  here in AZ and everything seems to be doing well. 




Last week at Goodwill, I by-passed the fabric...like a good girl...but look at this treasure I found, that I couldn't resist! I paid $4 for it.  I sanded it, threw some ebony stain and a coat of poly on it and, voila! it's a lovely little side table! =)


Before




After
A Thread for Life
You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

-Oceans by Hillsong 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you are so inclined, follow me. I take delight in visitors and welcome comments even more. I reply via email. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in your comment.