Sunday, March 23, 2014

Time Off Work Did This Quilter Good!

I took Weds - Fri off of work last week. It was glorious time spent doing what I do best...Quilting!

I finished quilting and binding this scrappy braid. I used Jera's machine binding tutorial to bind it.




























I sewed my first chevron together.  I plan to put a border on it.



I made the 2nd set of 4 blocks for a mystery quilt I'm working on.














I'm not sure how it's supposed to go together...as it is a mystery, but I currently have it laid on the design wall in the shape of a heart.









My plan for this next was a scrappy log cabin, but when I failed to sew 2 lights onto the heart center in the first round... I just went somewhere else w/it.  Here's what I have so far. It's looking more like a modern art quilt and it unintentionally resembles the Tommy Hilfiger logo.




I didn't ONLY sew during my time off though. I finished reading a book, I helped a friend pack, AND I took my grandson to the zoo!


























A Thread for Life
Take delight in The Lord, and He will give you your heart’s desires. Ps. 37:4






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you are so inclined, follow me. I take delight in visitors and welcome comments even more. I reply via email. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in your comment.