Thursday, December 3, 2015

WHOOMP There IT Is! #10

As some of you know I am a member of the Quilters Anonymous chapter of the Arizona Quilters Guild.  Tonight was our Christmas party and I had such a wonderful time.

This is where I sat. Our hostess did a magnificent job of decorating the table.

And she gave us all a bunch of goodies too!
It was a potluck party and there was a ton of yummy food however I was so concerned w/getting as much of that yummy food in my belly as quickly as possible, that I forgot to take a pic.

We played a gift exchange game. Whoever wanted to participate had to bring something handmade by them. This is what I made for the exchange. A pin cushion, thread/scrap catcher. I hope the recipient loves it as much as I love mine.
We sat in a giant circle and someone read a story over the microphone.  Whenever we heard the word "left", we passed the gift we were holding to the left, and when we heard the word "right", we passed the gift we were holding to the right.  It was a hoot! Then we went around the circle to show our gifts and tell who made them.  

I got this adorable tote bag with Christmas colored mustaches on it. It's lined w/my favorite color and w/the same exact fabric I used to line a bag I made for myself!
Here's a pic of all my goodies together.
Are you having any fun this holiday season?

Now it's your time to share about whatever you want.
A Quilted Passion
Thank the Host
Everyone likes to hear "thank you" and know their effort is appreciated.
Spread the Love
The more love you give, the more you get. Pick a number (mine is 5) and commit to visiting and commenting on that many link-ups. Let them know where you're visiting from and ask them to visit you. (This works well for me!)
Direct Link
Use a direct link to a specific post, not your main blog.
Link Back
In your blog post, include a link back to my post/blog and/or grab the WHOOMP There IT Is! button above and put in your post or sidebar. Thanks for spreading the love.
Follow Me ;)
Of course I would love for all you linky-uppers to be followers, but it's NOT required.







A Thread for Life

7 comments:

  1. This party looks like it was such fun! I love your pin cushion/scrap catcher. Someone gave one to me years ago (at a Christmas quilting party, too, I think!) and I still use it everyday. It's a beautiful and useful gift! Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time! Makes me wish I still lived in Goodyear to join you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a fun time. That's a great looking bag that you received.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas parties. What a great gift idea you made.
    The bag you received is nice too.
    Yes, food is yummy, i am so happy to loaded up haha
    Our party is next Thursday
    Thankfulness, and most importantly, prayer

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sewing group party is next Saturday. I am looking forward to the yummy food! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great party! I have one of those pincushion/thread catchers. So handy! Thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time, and got some beautiful fun swag! Thanks for the linky party!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you are so inclined, follow me. I take delight in visitors and welcome comments even more. I reply via email. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in your comment.