Thursday, December 10, 2015

WHOOMP There IT Is! #11

My 1st custom Etsy order was a dream.  S wanted the throw size, 60" x 75", of the Hillside Houses quilt.  She asked for vibrant colors and an evening scene, like the one I had listed in my shop.  Other than that, I had complete freedom and 6 weeks to complete it. I finished it in 4wks! She loved it and said it's beautiful. But because it was a private custom listing, I don't think there's a way for her to leave a review...which is a bummer. I also thought I'd be able to edit the listing once I finished the quilt. I may have been able to before I marked it shipped, but I don't know for sure.  I'm new to Etsy...and custom orders so it's taking me awhile to figure out exactly how it all works.  If any of you have Etsy wisdom you'd like to share...I'm all ears!

Anyway, here it is.  I used "rich chocolate" and "milk chocolate" fabrics for the roofs and binding. And of course, my favorite faux piped binding technique!
I quilted organic wavy lines w/a variegated thread called Toasted Caramel by Connecting Threads.  The backing is pieced w/two fabrics; Blueberry Summer and Kids Under Cover.
The Hillside Houses pattern is by Cristina of Pretty Little Quilts. She hosted the Hillside Houses QAL this past spring.  It was my very 1st QAL.  I was proud of myself for mostly keeping up w/it.
I made the wall hanging size and called it Evening Hillside Houses.
And of course, I'm working on other things that are supposed to be finished by Christmas! Time will tell.

I'm sure y'all have been busy too! Do you have anything you wanna share? If so, let's see it!
A Quilted Passion
Thank the Host
Everyone likes to hear "thank you" and know their effort is appreciated.
Spread the Love
The more love you give, the more you get. Pick a number (mine is 5) and commit to visiting and commenting on that many link-ups. Let them know where you're visiting from and ask them to visit you. (This works well for me!)
Direct Link
Use a direct link to a specific post, not your main blog.
Link Back
In your blog post, include a link back to my post/blog and/or grab the WHOOMP There IT Is! button above and put in your post or sidebar. Thanks for spreading the love.
Follow Me ;)
Of course I would love for all you linky-uppers to be followers, but it's NOT required.



A Thread for Life
We have no right to judge where we should be put, or to have preconceived notions as to what God is fitting us for. God engineers everything; wherever He puts us, our one great aim is to pour out a whole-hearted devotion to Him in that particular work. “Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.” Wisdom from Oswald Chambers - My Utmost for His Highest

9 comments:

  1. Hi Zeania! Congratulations! I'm so happy that your shop is going well! This quilt is so beautiful and I love the evening colours. Perhaps I'm tired to see the bright blue sky we have here in Greece most of the year - so nice but I miss four seasons. I love this pattern but never found time to follow the qal. Perhaps I make mini during the holidays. I think she should be able to leave a review even it was custon listing. Try also if you can change the photo, I think it could work. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Hillside Houses quilt is beautiful. I'm sure your client is going to love it.

    I have ZERO experience with Etsy except how to buy from it :) I hope you get it figured out because it sounds like you are on your way to great success.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your night rendition of Hillside Houses is so great Zenia! Congratulations on making your customer so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It's a great finish. I hope you figure out the finer points of Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing quilt! I bet you had a hard time handing it over...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Karen - but at least you have the original to keep for yourself! Congratulations on a beautiful finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this is the first of many commissions to come! Congratulations. She's receiving a beautiful piece.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your first custom order! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I love house quiltsI! am feeling inspired! Now if my broken finger would heal so I can get back to quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you are so inclined, follow me. I take delight in visitors and welcome comments even more. I reply via email. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in your comment.